Sunday 15 May 2011

Never Grow Up

I am just going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing most of you know the country music artist that goes by the name Taylor Swift, right?! I absolutely love her and I believe it is because of my age, her songs are just relateable to the stage of life I am in. A song off her new albumn titled Never Grow Up has lyrics that go a little something like this:

Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple

I was listening to this song and realized for the first time that time really does fly by. Although the song isn't exactly what I'm going to talk about it's what brought it to my attention :)! Recently I attended one of my best buddies grad and it hit me, I'm growing up and have to be responsible and it's really scary! Just the pure fact of graduating and growing up is probably the most stressful (yet exciting!) moment I have ever encountered. What also hit me though was that I know I'm going to be okay. I met my friend that I'm speaking of through 4-H and have known her for years now. I think we are able to stay so close is because of our strong rural roots. We understand where each other come from and often face similar challenges because of the situation we are in! Also if we run out of things to talk about we can just talk about cows!!! It makes growing up easier knowing that I have a whole support system made up of people who understand me. It just another truly important facet of my life that agriculture has provided me with. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment